Request a story telling session at your school or nursery
We offer a 2 hour visit for nurseries, schools and children’s centres, which can be tailored to cover a number of different classes to suit your needs. A two hour session is £150.
What to expect from our story telling sessions:
- An introduction to kamishibai and the history behind it.
- A reading of The Gingerbread Man using kamishibai – this reading can be supported by the use of props or basic makaton.
- For younger groups I follow up with some rhymes and a song.
- For older groups I introduce some basic Japanese culture and language.
Each class visited gets a copy of our Planning Ideas Pack which is full of activities linked to the story.
You have the opportunity to buy your own copy of The Gingerbread Man with a 10% discount (valid for 6 months after the session).
Ideal for International Day, Culture Day, World Book Day and Book Week.
If you require a story telling session for a wedding, a children’s party or similar event, please email email@example.com.
- Public Liability Insurance
- Enhanced DBS certificate